No. September 15, 2016 / nownownow.com
Besides answering the common question, “What are you up to these days?”, those who have a now page say it’s a good reminder of their priorities. Therefore, I’m introducing this list with the news that has impacted everything currently in my life: My father recently died unexpectedly in December of 2015, at Royal Columbia Hospital in New Westminster, BC. My family and I are still in mourning. Thank you.
. . .
- Working as a Data analyst + visualization specialist at Thoughtexchange since April
. . .
- Completing a part-time associate certificate in Project Management at BCIT
- Planning, organizing, and packing for a family trip to Thailand
- Enrolled in a human-centric design collaborative course from Acumen and IDEO.org
- Donating blood to the Canadian Blood Services
- Running to breakfast morning meetups such as Likemind and Creative Mornings Vancouver
- Enabling my addiction to Pokemon Go (Meetup) (Everyday)
- Ate delicious food at Tasting Plates Vancouver, West End edition
- Setting time aside to watch Sailor Moon Crystal and Cardcaptor Sakura
- Learning more about my blood pressure, bloodwork, health performance, and stress tests
- Participated in a intensive bootcamp run by a Virgin-active certified fitness trainer
- Attended several summer concerts featuring the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra (photos) and Vancouver Metropolitan Orchestra (photos) (videos)
- Reading books about financial literacy, emotional intelligence, homeowner self-repair, graphic novels, and tree-pruning
- Planning to attend the local Vancouver chapter of Ladies, Wine & Design, the 2016 Interior Design Show (IDS West), and a costume/video game dance party hosted by SFU Woodwards
- Hiking with friends in the mountains, near waterfalls, inlets and coves, forests, rivers and lakes
- Wandering the city in Foursquare’s Swarm app
- Celebrating a very special and very happy birthday
- Learning and charting the night skies in Star Walk
- Currently re-reading How We Die: Reflections of Life’s Final Chapter by Sherwin Nuland
- Learning from TED Talks, Lynda tutorials, and podcasts from iTunes University
- Updated my shorter hair, don’t care club membership
- Reading on print and digital books, newspapers, essays, and interesting articles
- Cooking lessons in French and Thai recipes
- Drinking Shirley temples and Virgin marys instead of alcohol
- Running, tai-chi, dancing, pilates, self-defense, and yoga
- Taking my camera everywhere to forests, mountains, and daily wanderings
- Meditating based on Ajahn Chah’s teaching
- Paying it forward to communities such as Kickstarter projects, IndieGogo campaigns, Tilt, You Caring, Movember, Canadian Red Cross, and Charitywater fundraisers
- Attending Meetups, Toastmasters, workshops, events and conferences
- Lots of tweets, pinning, and emails.
So I can focus on creating my next… well, you’ll have to wait and see.
This is part of this.