Lifestyle Personal Writings

The Just-Guy Friends

July 1, 2005

Untitled

It’s the just-guy-friends that seem to make life more complicated.

Their girlfriends love-hate you. Ex-girlfriends are also included in the categories of stalkers and or sort-of-friends. As a female yourself you are going to be labeled by strangers and or family friends as a possible romantic interest, or a different sexuality.

There are also those guys who want to be more-than-just-friends. This is one of those fluctuating definitions of “ulterior motives.” Sometimes you want to date them. Most of the time you won’t. It’s hard to be sexual with someone who is labeled as a male-slut. (I am not making this up)

I have been into that territory and I do not wish to go back. My guy-friends aren’t just friends, they’re some of the few closest people that I trust and love the most. Yes, I love you guys!

….

(I didn’t say that)

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply Lisa July 2, 2005 at 12:19 am

being sexual with man-sluts… HOT DAMN. XD

Well don’t date ’em, just play ’em. lol. Nothing wrong with being on the receiving end of some good old attention. Just don’t have feelings involved.

Heh, my way of dealing with guy friends who want to be more than friends. Talk to them endlessly about other guys that you may (or may not) be interested in. And hopefully they’ll take a hint.

• Reply Catherine July 2, 2005 at 7:04 pm

I think relationships in general are complicated. *headdesk*

• Reply Rebecca July 2, 2005 at 11:11 pm

just say you’re a lesbian and maybe people will start acting less offensively 😮

• Reply sally July 3, 2005 at 3:40 pm

guy friends are complicated but i still like them because i get sick of being friends with just girls. 😛

• Reply Karen July 3, 2005 at 5:06 pm

hehe.. yeah guys are complicated. *sigh*

• Reply connie July 3, 2005 at 9:50 pm

i know exactly what you mean. used to be i was the only girl in my circle of friends. my friends would always either try getting a piece of ass or treat me like one of the boys. luckily my friend anjelica joined my circle so now when i don’t want to do anything with the boys, we go off & do our own thing.

• Reply pipsy July 4, 2005 at 2:21 am

man. girls are so complicated. boys are better.
    they’re stupid, obnoxious and at times are oblivious
    with anything going on, but man, boys are drama free.

plus the longer you hangout with them, the better trained
    they become. my good friend knows exactly what to say now.

me: is my dress pretty?
    him: yes
    me: prettier than hers?
    him: yes
    me: so you don’t think hers is pretty?
    him: not as pretty as yours

well trained.

• Reply Cezanne July 5, 2005 at 12:52 pm

that’s so true, but all together I love just-guy-friend dramas. It makes life so much more fun, if you are careful and not be selfish.

• Reply Rob February 8, 2011 at 11:38 am

It’s a tough one but I think you nailed it. It is sometimes hard to see the attention of the opposite sex ,if you have different expectations in the relationship than they do. All I can say is be honest and up front with them. And if the situation changes ,let them know. And BTW : me too!